10 "Uh-Oh" Signs at Work
If one more person tells me not to panic, well, I might just panic.
The truth is, we get up every morning and we're not sure what is going to happen. The stock market will rise. It will fall. Chicken Little will go running down the street screaming something about the sky.
So, while it's easy for all the experts to tell us not to panic, it's kind of hard not to be a teensy bit apprehensive about what might await us every day. That's why I'm giving you this checklist so that you can be aware when it might be time to panic. Not that I'm a doomsayer. I'm just sayin'.
The 10 "Uh-Oh" signs at work:
1. Co-workers are putting stickers, bearing their names, on your office furniture.
2. The security guard takes your i.d. and draws a big "X" through your photo.
3. The electricity has been turned off in your cubicle. And mothballs put in your desk drawers.
4. The boss's secretary begins crying whenever she sees you, offering you gum and saying, "I always liked you."
5. HR included store coupons in your most recent paycheck.
6. The guy at the deli where you eat every day takes your "frequent eater" card and tears it up.
7. The IT department has changed your logon to "dead2us."
8. John McCain returns your donation check with a note: "You need this more than I do."
9. The mailroom guy is using your mailbox to store his lunch.
10. You finally get the best reserved parking space in the whole company.
What are some other "uh-oh" signs?